If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Me, Myself, and I
★The Twilight Saga.★
Midnight Sun (May be released)
Twilight - 2008
New Moon - 2009
Eclipse - (Released in 2010)
Braking Dawn (Released in 2011)
-Comment the photos
-Comment on the page
-Do the polls
-Read the blogs
Group Made : 14-Sept-09
close My Skins
- New Moon - Edward Try it on | 0 profiles
As a PG-rated Robin might cry, "Holy crap, Batman!"
New Moon smashed The Dark Knight's single-day and opening-day box-office records with an estimated $72.7 million Friday, its studio reported today.
If the movie's unprecedented midnight business was "absolutely freakish," then its unprecedented full-day take was simply phenomenal.
"It doubled the opening day of the first movie—and Twilight was no slouch itself," Box Office Mojo's Brandon Gray said. "It's just sensational."
With New Moon having already eclipsed its $50 million budget, two of Dark Knight's showiest records, and Twilight's entire opening-weekend gross, about the only question left is: How big can this thing get?
In two words, really big. Although maybe not record big.
Gray guessed New Moon will end up with a $140 million Friday-Sunday, which would leave it shy of Dark Knight's ultimate speed record: the 2008 film's $158.4 million opening weekend. (It would also leave it shy of the No. 2 film, Spider-Man 3, which debuted with $151.1 million in 2007.)
At this point, though, it's dangerous to guess what New Moon might, or might not, do next.
Earlier in the week, the wolf-enhanced vampire sequel was expected to score a big $80 million opening weekend. Then a bigger $100 million looked more like it. By yesterday, after setting its $26.3 million midnight mark, Exhibitor Relations was calling for a gigantic $125 million-$130 million.
Until further notice, Twi-hards—and the cinematic object of their desire—will not be underestimated.
Here's a by-the-numbers look at what New Moon has done so far:
• $36 million: The Twilight opening-day figure it blew past.
• $62.2 million: The single- and opening-day Dark Knight grosses it eclipsed.
• $69.6 million: The Twilight opening weekend it's already exceeded.
• $104 million: What Friday's Top 10 films, led by you-know-what, grossed in a single day—yet another record, per Box Office Mojo.
0 Comments 191 weeks
Once bitten, twice shy. But the “Twilight Saga: New Moon” is everything I hoped it would be and more. When I walked out of theaters Friday night, my initial thought was “Wow, I want to see it again. Right NOW!”
It more than makes up for the disappointment I felt when I saw the original Twilight in theaters last year. New Moon director Chris Weitz, who picked up where Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke left off, took great care with Stephenie’s Meyer’s second book in the Twilight series, and it shows.
Weitz brought New Moon to life.
Source : http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...
0 Comments 191 weeks
1. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE - MEET ME ON THE EQUINOX
2. BAND OF SKULLS - FRIENDS
3. THOM YORKE - HEARING DAMAGE
4. LYKKE LI - POSSIBILITY
5. THE KILLERS - A WHITE DEMON LOVE SONG
6. ANYA MARINA - SATELLITE HEART
7. MUSE - I BELONG TO YOU (NEW MOON)
8. BON IVER & ST. VINCENT - ROSYLN
9. BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB - DONE ALL WRONG
10. HURRICANE BELLS - MONSTERS
11. SEA WOLF - THE VIOLET HOUR
12. OK GO - SHOOTING THE MOON
13. GRIZZLY BEAR - SLOW LIFE
14. EDITORS – NO SOUND BUT THE WIND
15. ALEXANDRE DESPLAT – NEW MOON (THE MEADOW)
0 Comments 192 weeks
close My Stuff
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings