If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
United Kingdom Democratic Pacifism Party
Post a Comment
close About Me
- Supporting Peace under a Democratic Government
- Me, Myself, and I
- This group is about peace above all else. It is UK-based but anyone who believes that there should be no violence in the world may join. Although not a political party at the moment, we plan to register as one sometime in the future. The party supports a representative democracy to control a country and is opposed to autocracy or any form of dictatorship. On the international front, the party believes that a policy of diplomacy is to be used, rather than any violent or military solution.
- My Album (1)
The Party is in favour of nuclear disarmament, not limited to this just within the UK. Nuclear weapons are a threat to world peace. It is impossible to have truly good relations with another person or country if you own an arsenal of weapons that can destroy them entirely. It would be wrong to keep nuclear weapons for reasons of "deterrence" as this would be a form of blackmail and threat of violence. We refuse to support this because we wish the UK to be peaceful and seen as a mediator, not to be bullying smaller nations. Nuclear disarmament would make the United Kingdom less of a target for other nations. This party opposes any use of nuclear weapons under absolutely any circumstances whatsoever. Cordial diplomacy, rather than an aggressive foreign policy should be used to defuse potential threats to the safety of all residents of the United Kingdom.
0 Comments 245 weeks
- I agree
- I agree but there are circumstances that it isn't
- I believe this is sometimes true
- I disagree but there are circumstances that it is
- I disagree