If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Me, Myself, and I
- "That is why we have to keep objecting to it (sexism), as boring as it is. Because if we're not allowed to have the important jobs, how on earth will we be able to afford the pretty shoes?"
"Agnus Dei was a woman composer famous for her church music" (answer given in response to a music examination question)
- This made me giggle this morning...
Brian Duffy has no problem with people laughing at him on stage. "For God's sake, " says the man behind the Modified Toy Orchestra, "I'm standing in a suit and tie fondling a Barbie doll. It can't be anything but funny." And it's not just Barbie; she's joined by other primary-coloured sound-emitting toys, including Speak & Spell, the Happy Farm Chorus...It's a gleeful sight, six grown men in suits groping, prodding and drumming 25 or so toys on stage...The background to this orchestra is, however, a matter of serious philosophy... One review spoke of "mythic revelations", claiming that one track, Where Is My Sock?, turns "the act of getting dressed in to an existential enquiry".
- Far too many to mention - although am partial to the old (pun intended) historical drama. Some favorites: Count of Monte Cristo, Mansfield Park , anything Austen/Bronte; Bright Young Things, The Pianist, Goodbye Lenin and Gossford Park. Also harbour an unhealthy obsession with Poirot. Actually, I want to be Poirot. That's the unhealthy part.
- 'We are the Arabs.'
That is all.
- Scared Of
- Stopping smoking. Tory immigration policy. Tories in general actually...except the ones I deign to tolerate as 'eccentric' (you know who you are). Tap dancing *sob.* It's sick and wrong.
- Happiest When
- Partaking in 'the banter;' reading; singing; watching Q.I (Stephen Fry, another unhealthy, not to mention entirely futile obsession); dancing outrageously (and often alone); playing board games with mates; eating; drinking red wine (in moderation of course ...he he he *falls off chair*) Ahem. Actually, nights where this all happens simultaneously are good. Also, Dressing up as superheroes/pirates/rocky horror characters; stalking Germans and Austrians (not Swiss, never Swiss, nooooo); ranting at the news/TV; playing with my kittens; bashing various instruments attempting to make what could, very loosely, be termed 'music' and writing long letters to my granny. Oh, travelling too, i.e. I like to do all of the above outside Scotland. Much to the amusement of the local populous.
- I'd like to meet
- Stephen Fry; Philip Roth; Jim Caviezel (oh please please please God, Santa, Uri, anyone...); Tom Selleck (but only if he grows the 'tash back); Hmmm, think the rest are dead.
Yeah, so the dead ones: Soren Kierkegaard; Emily Davidson; Cole Porter; Virginia Woolfe; Nick Drake; Elgar; Don Juan; Catherine the Great; Mary Wollstonecraft; the ancestors...to name but a few.
People I'd like to meet in order to kill: Gillian McKeith; Gillian McKeith and Gillian McKeith's offspring.
- Barrie McKillop
- Graeme Donald
- Kev Moir
- James Craig
- Allison McKellar
- Gregor Duthie
- Catherine McKenna
- Richard Greig
- Kathryn Hyde
- Hugh Reid
- Alex Adam
- Ali F
- Ron Nairne
- Sine MacDonald-Coull
- Glasgow Light Opera Club
- Gail MacKenzie
- Marianne McKillop
- Greig Whitelock
- Douglas Nairne
- Katiee K.
- Derek Elliott-Jones
- Julie Craig
- Andy Roo
- Grant Butler-Butsy
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
With evil essays and exams looming on top of that pesky 'work' thing, I thought I'd try and garner some Bebo-based sympathy for me and my fellow (physically) mature students. How to sum it up.... hmm.
What I would write in a slightly warped press release:
'Easter eggs, daffodils and lighter mornings aside, Spring can be a difficult time of year for students. Finals, dissertations, the last meager pennies from the benevolent SLC and resultant alcohol withdrawal can all have serious implications in terms of mental health.'
What I actually mean: I've eaten all the bloody chocolate, the sun keeps waking me up at 6am (you know where he can shove his hat), I'm skint and I've drunk the wine rack.
Sympathy (and wine) gratefully received.
0 Comments 278 weeks
Having a ball (with music and dancing no less) so far, great show, excellent cast and yummy yummy orchestra (go Hugh); and by that I mean the sound of course, not the brass section. Although...
Got the hilarious fawlty towers-esq show out of the way on Tuesday (sorry Mel, Emma etc.), so can enjoy the rest of the week now. Voice is getting smaller and less angelic by the day, but hey, that's what mikes are for. Am, rather smuggly, still off the cigs (although have been unashamedly sniffing George after the interval), and have managed to stick (mostly) to pints of gay (or 'Dave' as they shall hencefourth be known), but last night was so good (not a dry seat in the house after death scene - 'better than Yul Brynner' Richard) I felt that a meagre pint of Dave could not accurately reflect my celebratory mood. Cue: 2 glasses of red wine, and, in true light-weight stylee, very loud, giggling and now hung-over Mrs Anna. Ho hum. Time for pot of tea no.3 I think. Croak.
Croak? Did someone just stand on a duck..?
4 Comments 324 weeks
...has finally set in...really set in. Twelve days until 'The King and I' opening night at the Kings. Didn't hit me until this morning precisely how soon that is. *GULP*
It all started with a perfectly innocent bottle of Irn Bru...
During our monthly 'big shop' yesterday, I picked up enough of said beverage to sink an oil tanker; Chappers is coming up from London to see the show, and since she absorbs the stuff at such an alarming rate I thought it prudent to stock up. This morning while in search of breakfast, I happened upon said bottle, thinking 'Lucy will be here soon, yay.'
Then it dawned.
By the time Lucy arrives we'll be four performances down.
Cue mass hatching of gargantuan and very active butterflies.
0 Comments 326 weeks
close What Musical Instrument are you? (best version!)
My result is: Violin
Who's Your Perfect Celeb Mate?
Whats yuurh real name?
what will your baby girl look like
how interesting are you?
What colour best suits your personality?
What Rocky Horror And The Picture Show Character Are You?
Are you an Angel or Devil?
See More Quizzes