Post a Comment
- Profile views: 1,126
- Group created: June 2008
- ma sa `aji
- Me, Myself, and I
- All the che'z from the Garden Island join now.
If you're from Taveuni or simply like the beautiful place, then please join.
If you have any photos, please add it to the photostream.
Keep rocking that Taveuni Pride!
sa qai o `ea ma!
close Video Blog
A young girl was playing when she was supposed to be doing her chores. Her mother kept reminding her of what needed to be done, but the girl ignored her. The mother became so annoyed that she grabbed a bundle of sasas (mid ribs of coconut fronds), which she had been using as a broom, and spanked the girl with them telling her to get out of their bure (house) and never come back.
The girl was so upset that she ran away. She ran and ran with tears in her eyes. She could not see where she was going and after a long while she encountered a flowerless vine hanging from a tree and became entangled in it. She could not free herself and lay down and fell asleep crying. Her tears turned from salt water to blood and fell on the vine where they turned into beautiful red flowers.
When she awoke she was able to free herself from the vine and ran home. She discovered that her mother had forgotten all about their quarrel and so they lived happily from then on
The other version I heard was a romantic one and goes like this: Once upon a time, a princess was about to be forced by her father to marry her predestined husband.
However, she was in love with another man and, in desperation, she fled from the village into the mountains and, completely exhausted, she fell asleep on the banks of the lake. While she was sleeping, she cried and in her dream tears trickled down over her cheeks and turned into beautiful red flowers. ... And the red flowers engendered the Tagimoucia plant.
Tagimoucia means, "to cry in your sleep". Tagi=cry, moce=sleep.
If you know any other one, plizz feel free to contact the moderator!
1 Comment 257 weeks
`• Your Mother says that at 25, you're too young to have a boyfriend.
• All cereals are called 'corn Flakes'
• You need a sleep after every meal
• A relation of yours drives a taxi
• There is an accident and you are the only one laughing.
• Your Mom has a better throwing arm than your dad.
• You ask for a dust-pan and you get handed a magazine or a newspaper.
• You find a 6 year old kid still in p.jz playing in front of the house.
• Being whacked with a leather belt is considered discipline not child abuse.
• At any major function, instead of a plate, your food comes in a box that used to hold a 24-pack of soft drink or a taro/sweet potatoes box.
• You see someone chasing a kid around the house with a shoe or the broom.
• You run into a mountain of shoes blocking the front door.
• You find a life-time supply of instant noodles in the kitchen cupboards.
• You get a severe beating with a rubber sandal but had to go fetch it first.
• You have a huge gap between your first two toes, (excessive wearing of Flip Flops)
• You're the only ones swimming at the public pools with t-shirts on.
• You call hot chocolate Milo
• All toothpastes are called Colgate
• Your sister has more muscular legs than your Father.
• You can sprint barefoot on sharp stones and rocks.
• You have an Aunty with a fully grown moustache.
• You go to a social/function and the band is wearing dark shades even though its late in the evening.
• You have a perpetually drunk Uncle who starts fights at family weddings and anybody elses.
• You've been given a hiding by your Father that's lasted more than half and hour.
• You make that funny kissing sound with your lips when you're trying to get someones attention.
• Your Grandmother thinks an Islander massage and Vicks Vapo-Rub or baby oil is the miracle cure for everything.
• You're getting a hiding and your parents ask, "Why you cry for?"
• You've had your hair "searched" (for lice) by your Mother in front of friends or relatives.
• You think you're a *pro at volleyball.
• You have a huge banquet on Sunday and live on dalo and cassava for the rest of the week.
• You bring your white friends over to watch "FRIENDS" and just as it starts, your Mum turns the TV off and says, "Time for our family prayer..."
• Your prayerz take longer than an hour and you cover you eyes like you praying, but know you sleepin and u scared to snore so you be in half sleep
• Your Aunty visits and shes talking to you at the same time as looking in your pots for food.
• You go to the islands rich and come back poor.
• You have sat in a 4-seater car with up to 8 other people.
• You've had your hair pulled by your Mother in front of schoolmates at the Supermarket
• You've had an afro at some stage in your liffe > (both male and female) and thought you looked cool.
• You almost drown at the beach and when the lifeguards return you to your parents, they kindly thank them, then wait till they've left before they both give you a hiding.
• You know the difference between all the different types of corned beef .
• NOW YOU KNOW YOU A FOB(Fresh of da Boat) WHEN AT LEAST TWO OF THESE APPLY TO YOU ..LOL..
ISLANDERZ 4 LIFE!!!
4 Comments 257 weeks