If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Catering Services Logistician (Chef) in the Royal Navy
- Me, Myself, and I
- I am a Catering Services Logistician (Chef) and I am enjoying some shore time working in the Base Logistics Support Department, in Portsmouth Dockyard, having served on HMS Southampton (a type 42 'air defence' Destroyer) for 4 years and eagerly awaiting my professional qualifying course to be promoted to a Leading Hand. I have been trained to the highest standard to cook nutritious food for 240 of my colleagues as well as leaning how to prepare "posh nosh" for one of the Captain's Official functions. I have been in the Royal Navy for nearly 7 years and in my spare time I love to do any kind of out door sporting activity I can, from hand gliding to water skiing! The best bit about my job is the people I work with as well as the travel and sporting opportunities!
This profile forms part of the RN recruitment campaign, however, Sam isa Chef and does login to answer any questions.
- FOO FIGHTERS ; Kaiser Chiefs ; Amy Macdonald
- ROCKY 1-5 ; Any film by Steven Seagal
- i love sailing and doing any exhilarating sports. For example hang-gliding, para-sending, snow boarding etc.
- Favourite thing
- VW 1200 Beetle named BERTIE
- Scared if
- confronted with swimming in the sea.
- Happiest When
- I am doing something that gets my pulse racing!
- I love my food!
- Anything and lots of it!!! Northern food like gravy is ace.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
Question 75. courtney: thank you so much much for your help, hope one day my dream will come true! was wondering will u be able to add me on ur bebo? thankx
Samantha Ashworth: in response to Question 75.
Courtney-Glad i can be of some help and good luck for the future. I will add you onto my bebo page as soon as this web chat tonight!
Thank you to everyone for all your questions - I hope I have been some help!
If you want anymore information please contact your Armed Forces Careers Office or phone 08456 07 55 55.
0 Comments 273 weeks
Question 74. Ewan: hey i was wondering what the basic training is like, i was thinking as joining as a rating, seamanship and long does it usally last?
Samantha Ashworth: in response to Question 74.
Hey Ewen you got in just in time I think this willbe the last question. basic training is a very busy time but great fun at the same time. Phase 1 training is a nine week package during which you have fitness training including swimming. You also learn about the Navy in general and learn to look after yourself, looking after your kit with washing and ironing. You have parade training (marching) fire-fighting training and basic seamanship skills. Phase 2 training career courses vary in length. I'm not sure how long the Seaman spec course is but your local AFCO will be able to tell you.
0 Comments 273 weeks
Question 73. Nola: Do people ever hook up in the Navy? is it OK? Would they be annyed if you wanted to marrysomeone who's on the same ship?
Samantha Ashworth: in response to Question 73.
Hi there Nola-there are lots of in service relationships as it is easy to undersatnd the unique nature of the job-however relationships between people on the same ship does not make a very comfortable working environment.
2 Comments 273 weeks
close My Skins
- Royal Navy - Chef Try it on | 361 profiles