If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
The Shanghai Rescoration Project
Post a Comment
- Story of a City Out Feb 5th!
- Me, Myself, and I
- Traditional Chinese instruments meet Hip-Hop & Jazz.
An experiment in cross-cultural soundscapes, "The Shanghai Restoration Project" draws its creative inspiration from the old 1930s Shanghai jazz bands, an early combination of East and West that's become an international legend. The Project revives this exotic blend by introducing Eastern instruments and rhythms to the Western sounds of hip-hop, jazz, and pop.
Recently, The Proect partnered with China Records to release "Remixed and Restored Vol. 1", remixing original recordings of well known 20th century Shanghai jazz songs.
Watch for the upcoming new album "Story of a City". Drawing from an array of musical styles, producer Dave Liang builds upon his signature hip-hop / electronica blend by bringing in new influences ranging from country to rap to choral music, woven together by traditional Chinese instruments.
close Band Members
The new Shanghai Restoration Project album, "Story of a City" was released Feb 5th -- just in time for Chinese New Year! Click the links below for more info and/or to buy! Thanks!
Buy at Amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/2t42wm
But at iTunes: http://tinyurl.com/3ylewk
More on this album: http://tinyurl.com/2jgpm7
0 Comments 283 weeks
- Preface - The Shanghai Restoration Project feat. Di Johnston Download
- Last Night of the Dynasty - The Shanghai Restoration Project feat. Julie Ann Sgroi Download
- Touchdown - The Shanghai Restoration Project feat. Natural Fact of Unconscious Logic Download
- Movement - The Shanghai Restoration Project feat. Heath Brandon Download