If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Profile views: 116
- Profile created: September 2007
- Self Published
- Liverpool/Henley-On-Thames (Cork now, though...) UK
- Okay, this is going to be a long list, you're best not to take any notice, I won't fit anything, there's some in the biography part thingy, but you'd soon figure it out anyway if you heard us play!
- ...I gave a song to Kris Kristofferson, but I forgot to make a copy for myself, that was smart!...
- Me, Myself, and I
- The Colleys does a mixture of covers and songs written by the lead vocalist (Supernatural Scouser), and guitarist. We're dog-mad, hence "The Colleys". Main musical influences for us include The Beatles, The Travelling Willburys, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and countless others. I suppose I should update this every once in a while, so, here goes, anyone who has been looking for our gigs in Liverpool, you'll have to wait untill after May, we're stuck in this dreadful place (apologies to all the people living here) Cork, for the moment. Don't worry, we'll be home soon, but in the meantime, we're working on a CD, it's not going to well, I'm afraid, due to trouble with the drummer and bass. (They can't stand the sight of each other). I'd like to thank our fans <*laughter*, what fans?!> for all yer support. So, without further adue, rock on and give peace a chance! Hare Krishna.
You can try'n book us here, you can also contact us there through e-mail:
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
Number 6: Where am I?
Number 2: In the Village.
Number 6: What do you want?
Number 2: We want information.
Number 6: Whose side are you on?
Number 2: That would be telling. We want information... information... information.
Number 6: You won't get it.
Number 2: By hook or by crook, we will.
Number 6: Who are you?
Number 2: The new Number 2.
Number 6: Who is Number 1?
Number 2: You are Number 6.
Number 6: I am not a number, I am a free man.
Ramble on, Ace of Hearts, ramble on!............ I'm mad, but that's just because the flour let the Elephant in to the fridge, and the rabbit just had to run through the garden....
Eh.... it's Tuesday, which means I'm meant to be on a plane... two hours ago... oops... California can wait, my dearest Elgin Dewsbury III, so without further adieu, I shall play "Peppy La Rue" in C# minor......
Yes, I need help, but it's all for the good of, go away spideit, I don't want to buy any petals, for the good of mankind, yes... Oh dear, there's an overwhelming scent of Jasmine, why thank you for the incense, but I need more than some ghost smells to etc, etc, etc.... Hari Krsna
2 Comments 266 weeks
Somebody actually put this in the letterbox, so take a look at 'em, 'coz I didn't have the time to look at all of 'em.
...and the usual:
...and our Billy is also on myspace:
...if you've noticed the difference, and were wondering, for music-stuff, Billy uses "Callaghan", as do I, but for writer-y-stuff, he uses "Billy O'Callaghan", so don't think you're losing it, or that it may not be the same person.
If you visit any of the above links, just say that Irene sent you, and you'll be well looked after.
And here's a little something for the road.....
ASATO MAA SAT GAMAYA, TAMASO MAA JYOTHIR GAMAYA,
MRITYOR MAA AMRITAM GAMAYA.
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTIHI.
( Lead us from Illusion into Truth , from Darkness into Light , from Death into Immortality. Om, May Peace prevail in the three worlds. )
0 Comments 269 weeks
Somebody asked me the other day to write a Beatle tribute song for them, and I said I would, but I was having a hard time thinking of something suitable. I went to Mendips (the house John Lennon spent most of his life in, living with his aunt and uncle), John, and later with George and Paul, used to write songs in the porch, it has brilliant acoustics, a really cool echo-y sound. The guy that lives there, Colin, from the national trust, let me in, just me and a guitar, and the following is what came to me. Remember now, that even though it's a rough first draft, it is still copyrighted, and it was written for somebody else, so please, no hassle.
Even Dreams Must Pass
I went to visit Arnold Grove,
Tried knocking on that fabled door,
Something that could've happened on any road,
Nobody answers anymore.
I took a sentimental journey,
Had a feeling I'd been there before,
I walked past The Empress,
Nobody visits anymore.
I saw a blackbird spread his wings,
Doesn't care who's rich or poor,
But that famous stage is empty now,
And nobody plays there anymore.
I heard the news today,
And felt my heart grow sore,
Orphan's dreams sold for pennies,
Nobody cares anymore.
Two of them still imagine peace,
The apple now reduced to it's core,
The old songs are still playing,
But nobody hears them anymore.
It's still just an idea, and at the very least, I'll be changing the title, for obvious reasons. I apologise that you need to know the Beatles to get the song, and it's meaning, but the guy who asked me to write it wanted it that way.
Oh, and while I was at Mendips, i was told that Strawberry Fields is being sold to a property developer (yes, I'm only hearing it now, I haven't been in Liverpool in a while), and naturally, that really upset me, especially knowing there's probably nothing I can do about it, so that seemed to breach on whatever was in my mind while writing this song, so now you understand the penultimate verse. So, seeing as the land is being sold, God only knows what will happen to the gates. I don't know how worried Macca and Ringo are about it (probably not at all), but I've had a lot of enraged Beatle fans complaining to me about it. Unfortunatly, I can't go and stop them, but the more people that know about it, the better, maybe then something can be done to stop it.
As always, I'm open to suggestion and criticism, so I'd appreciate any feedback.
3 Comments 271 weeks