If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Qùïncy Ño Uryù
- Male, 44
- from Karakura Town.
- I am Single
- Profile views: 4,626
- Member since: July 2007
- Last active: Jul 16
- Ah, Kurosaki, I see you've finally realized the importance of a cape.
- Me, Myself, and I
- ╬ My Name is Ishida Uryu, Quincy. ╬
✦ The Quincy were originally a mixture of survivors of Hollow attacks and those who'd lost loved ones to hollows, the Quincy developed a variety of supernatural powers to hunt and kill hollows before they attacked humans, including the ability to control spiritual energy. ✦
I Swear on the [ PRIDE ] of the Quincy;
I will Kill y o u !
Uryū Ishida [ 石田 雨竜 ]
is a classmate and companion of Ichigo and is introduced as the
As a Quincy, Uryū's main weapon is a bow, but he is also able to use many Quincy techniques and items to augment his abilities, including some high-level techniques such as Ransōtengai.
- 雨竜 - Personality - 雨竜
- Uryū operates on a moral ethic known as the "Pride of the Quincy" and has a strong sense of justice. He has also shown to be very chivalrous, stating that he enacts justice on men who abuse or treat women badly. He demonstrates this at multiple points throughout the series, such as when he tried to defend Rukia Kuchiki from Renji Abarai when he and Byakuya Kuchiki came to the real world to take her, or when he defends Orihime Inoue at multiple points throughout the Soul Society arc. Uryū also has a tendency to not use lethal force in battle, especially if he can win without doing so. Instead, he will simply incapacitate his opponent.
- 雨竜 - Alias - 雨竜
- If you need to speak to me out of roleplay. do refer to me as the Monk of Destruction. This being the kanji spelling for 'Quincy'. If you wish to speak to me out of roleplay, do put it in a different section of your comment. And seperate it using characters, such as: ((, [[, etc. And could you please not copy my pictures, information, profile layout, or anything else on my bebo.If you fail to obide by my terms then i'm afriad, we will not get along very well.
- 雨竜 - Abilties - 雨竜
- Having undergone formal training and possessing prior experience in combat, Uryū is one of the strongest protagonists in the series, with his victories roughly paralleling Ichigo's throughout the story. As a Quincy, Uryū's main weapon is a bow, but he is also able to use many Quincy techniques and items to augment his abilities, including some high-level techniques such as ransōtengai, which are rare enough that even Mayuri Kurotsuchi, who had studied over 2000 Quincy, had never seen them in person. Uryū's trademark finishing move involves shooting spiritual arrows at his opponents through their chain link and soul sleep, depriving them of their powers and allowing him to win a bloodless victory.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
Having undergone formal training and possessing prior experience in combat, Uryū is one of the strongest protagonists in the series, with his victories roughly paralleling Ichigo's throughout the story. As a Quincy, Uryū's main weapon is a bow, but he is also able to use many Quincy techniques and items to augment his abilities, including some high-level techniques such as ransōtengai, which are rare enough that even Mayuri Kurotsuchi, who had studied over 2000 Quincy, had never seen them in person. Uryū's trademark finishing move involves shooting spiritual arrows at his opponents through their chain link and soul sleep, depriving them of their powers and allowing him to win a bloodless victory. Aside from his Quincy powers, Uryū is well-trained in both mind and body, having substantial athletic abilities and a genius intellect. He also possesses some knowledge of Spanish, as he understands the Spanish terms used by the arrancar.
Kojaku (Lone Sparrow) -
When first introduced, Uryū uses a bow named Kojaku (Lone Sparrow), a standard bow consisting of semi-transparent blue energy. Its size is dependent on the amount of energy flowing through it. With this bow, Uryū is able to kill most hollows in a single strike.
Ginrei Kojaku (Lone sparrow on a silver cliff) -
After Uryū regains his powers with the aid of his father, he uses a new Quincy cross, this one resembling a pentacle, and a variant of his original bow called Ginrei Kojaku (Lone Sparrow on a silver cliff). Unlike his original bow, this bow is shaped like a spiderweb and can fire up to 1,200 shots consecutively. Uryū also acquires a set of Seele Schneiders, special arrows which can be used as swords.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fgKN...
The Quincy possess numerous artifacts and equipment which help them in different ways. Below are the ones that have been shown:
Hollow bait —
This item is a small, coin-shaped disk that attracts hollows when crushed. When used by Uryū, the bait, in combination with Ichigo's powerful spiritual pressure, was able to draw a gillian-class menos out of Hueco Mundo.
Quincy bangle —
Introduced in the anime's Bount arc, the Quincy Bangle is an artifact designed to mimic a Quincy's natural powers. It works by drawing in spirit particles from the environment, much like a Quincy does regularly. It can only be used properly by those who are already adept at forming and directing spirit particles. When activated, it forms a metal bow on the user's hand and gives them an appropriate Quincy outfit to match. The bangle is an unstable and delicate device, which eventually falls apart with extended use. The bow it creates has a huge drawback in that spirit particles must be gathered and charged to be of any use; doing otherwise greatly weakens the power of the resultant projectiles. The arrows also seem to fire erratically, sometimes curving away from their intended target. Furthermore, if shot at the time when the device is at its maximum power, it could explode, killing the user and destroying anything else nearby. Uryū was able to bypass most of these problems by using the bow to focus his own suppressed powers, rather than relying on it to draw in spirit particles for him.
Quincy cross —
Standard equipment for any Quincy, the Quincy Cross acts as the focus for a Quincy bow. The cross need not necessarily be in a cross shape, as Ryūken's cross is a pentacle.
Sanrei glove —
The sanrei glove is a powerful Quincy artifact that can increase a Quincy's power exponentially, but requires a dangerous and exhausting type of resistance training (wearing it for a week while constantly firing spiritual arrows) to mas
0 Comments 275 weeks