If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
CORNWALL FOREVER! Kernow Bys Vyken!
- Me, Myself, and I
- What a legendary place...and there wasnt even a page dedicated to it!so ere tis my ansomes enjoy un!
For those of u who come down ere n slag it off, fuck off home!! we dont want u n we dont need u!! where else do u find golden sands and proper pasties like ours!!
Strong in the arm,
And fuckin flippin in bed!!
Whether your local born and bred, grew up here, or an emmit who loves cornwall (aslong as u aint a snob yob!) Then become a fan to show your love for our blessed land - Kernow!!
Meur ras a'gas godrik dhe'n wiasva ma! (Thank you for visiting this site!)
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- That they are normally snobby b******
- The act as if they rule the County
- Drivin' at bout 25mph and driftin all ovr the road - too busy starin out the side windows. Fools
- Cos the greedy buggrs buy a cornish house, jst to live in for 2 weeks the year.
- Anouther reason! (Leave it as a comment!)
http://www.porthemmet.com, The offical site for Porthemmet Beach, the best beach in Cornwall, as all the Cornish agree. The Emmets head further and further north on the A30 searching for it, but never seem to find porthemmet . . . .
0 Comments 308 weeks
1) Cornwall existed atleast 500 years before Britain was actually formed
2) Cornwall defended itself with its own Royal Family, most famous king's of cornwall including King Mark in the 5th century, King Saloman, Constantine, Geriant, Dungarth - the last Royal to be styled King, who drowned in 875. After King Dungarth, the cornish Royalty styled themselves as Earl of Cornwall, though ruled Cornwall in exactly the same way, and with as much power as when they called themselves Kings. Ater William 1st of England killed the Last Earl (Cadoc) Cornwall then was ruled by Breton Lords.
3)During Breton rule, all laws passed referred to "Anglia et Cornubia". Latin for England and Cornwall (Referring to Cornwall as a seperate state)
4)In 1337 Cornwall became the Duchy of Cornwall. And after several court cases in past years, it has been proved that cornwall is a automonous state, a duchy, NOT a county of England. The Kilbrandon Report (1969–1971) states that Cornwall should be officially Duchy of Cornwall, NOT county.
5)Because of the above statement, Cornwalls head of state is the Duke of Cornwall, not the monarch, and in Cornwall all estate passes onto the Duke, as in England, all estate passes onto the monarch.
6) Cornish-English border is the east bank of the Tamar, as set by King Athelstan in 938AD. (Cornfirmed 1969-1971 when Cornwalls status was proved to be Duchy and not county.)
CORNWALL HAS NEVER BEEN INTERGRATED INTO ENGLAND BY THE ACT OF UNION, SCOTLAND HAS, WALES HAS, NORTHERN IRELAND HAS, BUT NOT CORNWALL.
Cornwall has been historically seen as seperate of England, in 1603 the Venetian ambassador wrote that the late queen (Elizabeth 1st of England) had ruled over five different 'peoples': 'English, Welsh, Cornish, Scottish ...and Irish'
Gaspard de Coligny Chatillon - the French Ambassador in London, who wrote saying that England was not a united whole as it 'contains Wales and Cornwall, natural enemies of the rest of England, and speaking a different language.'
Writing in 1616, Arthur Hopton stated:
'England is ...divided into 3 great Provinces, or Countries ...every of them speaking a several and different language, as English, Welsh and Cornish.'
During the Tudor period many travellers were clear that the Cornish were commonly regarded as a separate ethnic group. For example Lodovico Falier, an Italian diplomat at the Court of Henry VIII said 'The language of the English, Welsh and Cornish men is so different that they do not understand each other.' He went on to give the alleged 'national charecteristics' of the three peoples, saying for example 'the Cornishman is poor, rough and boorish'
Cornwall today has it's own Parliament, The Cornish Stannary Parliament. - Cornwall being granted this right from Westminster in 1508.
Sources: http://www.cornishnotenglish.com/ , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish... , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornwal... ,
0 Comments 316 weeks
(Welcome to "Kernow Vys Byken"- Cornwall forever)
0 Comments 333 weeks