If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
GAA is better than soccer
- Me, Myself, and I
- if u think soccer is the beautiful game den ur clearly gay.i think the picture says it all.i think lads u shud stop pretendi u watch soccer for the soccer the foto says it all
Is GAA a better then soccer?
YES!!It is.Soccer is a sport for people who are too afraid to get into a fight.you've all watched the premiership I'm sure?Look at how quickly they back off from each other.And when they do start fighting they just swing their arms wildly.
Join this club if you play gaa for a club or if you just think soccer is a game for wusses!!
The more support the further we can go to promote gaa.
Before you go can I just give you a quick fact about the F.A.I:
The GAA was kind enough to open up Croke Park for soccer and rugby.The rugby will be a great success but how does the F.A.I repay the gaa?
They ask if they can rename Hill 16 the 'northern terrace'!!
Hill 16 represents Irelands freedom from British Rule.
B0LLOX - Ross Munnely or any Laois players or supporters.
MIGHTY - Very good.
HAMES - A right ****. e.g. - "He made a hames of that chance."
TIMBER - Intimidation of a hurling opponent. e.g. - "Show him some timber."
LAMP - A good thump. e.g. - "I swung for the sliotar, missed by 3 feet and lamped the full back."
A CROWD - A gathering of people who watch a match and hope for random acts
of violence. e.g. - Meath supporters.
SCHKELP - To remove living tissue in the absence of surgical procedures. e.g. - "That hure from Tipp took a schkelp outta me leg."
HATCHET MAN - Mountainy type, uses hunter/gatherer instincts.
BULLIN' - Angry. e.g.- "The centre half was bullin' after I lamped him."
BULL THICK - Very angry. e.g.- "The centre half was bull thick after I lamped him again."
JOULT - A push. e.g.- "I gave him ! a joult and he has to wear a neck brace for 2 weeks."
BUSHTED - An undefined soreness. e.g.- "Jayz me arm is bushted."
THE BOMBER - Popular name for a fat hairy GAA player
A HANG SANGWIDGE - Consumed with "tay" on the sides of roads after matches in Croker or Thurles, usually contains half a pound of butter.
RAKE - A great amount of anything, usually pints of Guinness the night before an important match.
INDANAMAJAYSUS - In-da-nama-Jaysus, what was that for ref?
YA B0LLIX YA - Corner back's formal recognition of a score by his opponent.
LEH-IT-IN-TA-FUCK-WUD-YA - Full forwards appeal to a midfielder for a more timely delivery of the pass.
MULLOCKER - Untidy or awkward player released for matches.
BURST THE B0LLIX - Instructions from the sideline to tackle your man.
ROW - Disagreement involving four or more players.
MASSIVE ROW - Disagreement involving both teams, including goalies, substitutes and supporters jumping fences.
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE - A massive row that continues out in the parking area or
dressing room areas, usually resolved by the Gardai.
12 Comments 309 weeks
Croke Park (Irish: Páirc an Chrócaigh) in Dublin, Ireland, is the largest sports stadium in Ireland and the principal stadium and headquarters of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), Ireland's biggest sporting organisation. Since 1884 the site has been used primarily by the GAA to host Gaelic Games, most notably the annual finals of the All-Ireland Gaelic football championship and hurling championship. Music concerts by major international acts have also been held in "Croker," as it is often called. During the refurbishment of Lansdowne Road the stadium is also hosting the Irish national rugby union and soccer teams. Following a redevelopment program started in the 1990s, Croke Park has a capacity of 82,500, making it the third largest stadium in the EU, the largest stadium in the 2007 Six Nations Championship and the largest owned by an amateur organisation.
2 Comments 336 weeks
25 REASONS WHY GAA IS BETTER THAN SOCCER
1) The GAA player who played in front of 80,000 at the weekend will be teaching your children, selling you meat or fixing your drains on Monday morning. The soccer player who plays in front of 80,000 will be moaning about playing too many games and will be trying to sell you his personalised brand of leisure wear
2) GAA nicknames are better (The Bull, The Bomber, etc.) . Soccer players just add a Y to their surnames
3) Dublin vs Meath is a real derby. What does Utd. Vs City mean to Ronaldo or Sibierski
4) How many soccer players does it take to screw in a light bulb? Answer eleven. One to stick it in and ten to surround and kiss him after he does it
5) Soccer players go to the papers after a game. GAA players go to the pub
6) John Terry would run a mile if he came up against Francie Bellew
7) GAA teams are numbered 1-15. A soccer team reads like the lottery results
All soccer players wear shin pads. Some hurlers wear helmets
9) Television runs soccer. Schoolteachers run the GAA
10) The GAA is about where you're from. Soccer is about who you like
11) No segregation at GAA games
12) No soccer team has a nickname quite as lovely as the Fighting Cocks of Carlow
13) Bubble perms never made it to Croke Park
14) A scoreless draw in the GAA would be quite a novelty
15) The GAA may not appreciate its women as much as it should but at least we all know who Cora Stanunton is. The most famous woman in English soccer is Posh Spice
16) Under age players get to be part of the biggest days in hurling and football at half-time in the All-Ireland.
17) Micheal O'Murchearaigh.
1 If a GAA player ever jumped at a spectator like Eric Cantona did the rest of his team would join in. So would the rest of the crowd.
19)Vinnie Jones grabbed Gascoignes testicles. Paudie O'Se decked Joe McNally during the National Anthem. McNally learnt his lesson. Gascoigne just got worse.
20) The GAA season always leaves you wanting more. The soccer season leaves soccer people demanding less. "Fewer games please"
21) Old soccer players get testimonials, Old GAA players just slip down to junior.
22) Rural villages = A Church, A Post-office, a Pub and a GAA pitch.
23) Pints after the match with the lad you knocked seven lumps of shite out of in the game.
24)Croke park on a Summer's Day.
25)Roman Abramovich can buy the League. You can't buy Sam
33 Comments 336 weeks
close Video Blog
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- gaa quiz 562 Taken