If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Tune In To Traffic
close About Me
- Channel4 Battlefront Campaigner - The related incidences are the biggest killer of young people!
- Me, Myself, and I
- Road traffic accidents are the biggest killer of young people in the UK, and unless we do something about it, the statistics are only going to get worse. I personally know people who’ve been killed in road traffic accidents. The worst thing is that there are easy steps that can be taken to save lives, to avoid heatbreak and our loved ones safe.
I’ve come up with 10 action points to make British streets safer. I want to present these to the Department for Transport, and get them taken seriously. I want to create a fresh and more accessible Green Cross Code, with a focus on the dangers of using MP3s and mobile phones
when you are crossing the road. I am passionate about taking steps to ensure the people we care about are safe. I think most people only require a little education to make conscious decisions that may save their lives.
How would you feel if somebody you cared about was killed because they didn't pay attention to the road? It happens every day...
- Channel4 Battlefront Project Launched
- This unique project gives young people a platform to campaign about issues that they are passionate about. There are 20 Battlefront campaigners. I am of 1 of 5 who have been filmed exclusively for a TV documentary that broadcasts on Channel 4 on 1/12/2008. Check out www.battlefront.co.uk for more info.
- Advert campaign - focusing on young people.
- As my campaign has gained momentum, I have been in constant conversation with people about getting my message across to young people. TUNE IN TO TRAFFIC's main aim is the focus on the dangers listening to MP3 players while crossing the road. It's like losing a sense. I have produced leaflets, stickers, posters. An internet viral is in the process of production and will star a hugely famous MUSIC STAR.
- The TV Documentary
- As part of the Channel4 project, the progress of my campaign was followed for 2months. The result, a TV documentary that will educate other young people on campaigning. This will bea huge platform to get my campaign's message to a massive TV audience.
- Boy- Racer Documentary - Focusing on drivers.
- This documentary will be focussed around the popular yet life endangering activity of illegal street racing. The aim is to understand why young people engage in racing and whether they actually understand the real dangers of illegal street racing. The documentary will follow a group of racers providing an insight into this underground craze. The film will then speak to young people who have been affected by the dangers of street racing; predominantly people who have lost loved-ones or have been critically injured.
We will then bring the two groups together to see if the young racers can learn the real dangers of illegal street racing from real life victims.
CASTING FOR THE DOCUMENTARY WILL COMMENCE LATE 2009.
The Tune into Traffic Music Competition is hotting up! We've had lots of entries which is bound to make my life as a judge that little bit harder! However, there will be no Simon Cowell tendencies used here as every entry is not only a contribution to the campaign but also signifies that young people have heard the campaign's message!
The judging will commence on Wednesday 13th May and if you still want to enter your track there's still time!
Thanks so much for all the interest so far! I can't wait to start listening to all the talented artists who ahve sent in their music!
0 Comments 218 weeks
I have some very exciting news for you all!
The Tune in to Traffic campaign is about to launch a brand new competition for all you budding music enthusiasts to get involved.
From the very start, Tune in to Traffic has been very much music orientated as I strongly belive that every young person in this country has a preference to a particular genre of music. Whether you're into rock, hip-hop, indie, bhangra, r&b or whatever, music unites us all! That's why this competition is for you!!
The competition is aimed at budding young artists. You can be in a band, a music producer and mc, a rapper, singer. We want you to send in a track that you feel fits the campaign! This track will become an integral part of the campaign's publicity and will be featured in a campaign video and on radio.
More details of the competition will be appearing on the Battlefront website very soon!
WATCH THIS SPACE!
0 Comments 221 weeks
Hello to all!
There is some really exciting news that I want to share with you...this blog is all about FORWARD THINKING...this campaign is definitely moving foward!
I have just been contacted by the Department for Transport who wish to meet me. They 'wholeheartedly' support the campaign and have put me in contact with the Teen Road Safety Division in the DfT!! I've been waiting AGES for this meeting and its finally here!
Alongside this, I have also been invited to the House of Lords by Peer Lord Ahmed! He wished to work on Road Safety issues and has this has given me the opportunity to work on something that will manifest in the highest authority in Britain!
Today I came back from a meeting with RoSPA- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (www.rospa.com) where I presented my campaign to a network group of practitioners working with young people to prevent injuries. Extended schools networks, West Midlands Fire Service, West Midlands Police, the Scouts Organization, Sustran Walking Network were just some of the people present. My presentation went down a storm and at the end I made some VERY promising contacts. 20 schools here, 12 schools there all with networks wanting to put the campaign material into schools and extended schools after school networks!!
Could this be better?! The best feeling of all was the fact that everybody in the room was striving for the same goal as me. To make the lives of young people safer!!
On other news, THE TUNE INTO TRAFFIC CAMPAIGN IS LAUNCHING ITS MUSIC COMPETITION!!!!!
CHECK OUT THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEO ABOVE AND APPLY!!! Check out the Battlefront homepage for more details!!
0 Comments 221 weeks
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- My Album (3)