If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Me, Myself, and I
- Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman on May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, author, musician and poet. Much of Dylan's best known work is from the 1960s when he became an informal documentarian and reluctant figurehead of American unrest. Some of his songs, such as "Blowin' in the Wind" and "The Times They Are a-Changin'", became anthems of the anti-war and civil rights movements. He remains an influential and popular artist; his recent album of new songs, 2001's "Love and Theft", reached the top five on the charts in the U.S. and the UK. His latest studio album, Modern Times, was released on August 29, 2006.
Dylan's early lyrics incorporated politics, social commentary, philosophy and literary influences, defying existing pop music conventions and appealing widely to the counterculture of the time. While expanding and personalizing musical styles, he has shown steadfast devotion to many traditions of American song, from folk and country/blues to rock 'n' roll and rockabilly, to Gaelic balladry, even jazz, swing and Broadway.
Dylan performs with the guitar, keyboard and harmonica. Backed by a changing lineup of musicians, he has toured steadily since the late 1980s. He has also recently performed alongside other major artists, such as Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Tom Petty, Jack White and Eric Clapton. Although his contributions as performer and recording artist have been central to his career, his songwriting is generally held as his highest accomplishment.
His career accomplishments have been recognized with the Polar Music Prize, the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, Kennedy Center Honors, and induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Nashville Songwriters and Songwriters Hall of Fame. He was listed as one of TIME Magazine's 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
close Band Members
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
close Music Albums
- After The Flood (0) tracks
- Another Side Of Bob Dylan (0) tracks
- Blonde On Blonde (0) tracks
- Blood On The Tracks (0) tracks
- Bob Dylan (0) tracks
- Bob Dylan Live 1975 (The Bootleg Series Volume 5) (0) tracks
- Bringing It All Back Home (0) tracks
- Desire (0) tracks
- Empire Burlesque (0) tracks
- Hard Rain (0) tracks
- Highway 61 Revisted (0) tracks
- Infidels (0) tracks
- John Wesley Harding (0) tracks
- Love And Theft (0) tracks
- Nashville Skyline (0) tracks
- New Morning (0) tracks
- Oh,Mercy (0) tracks
- Pat Garret & Billy The Kid (0) tracks
- Planet Waves (0) tracks
- Self Portrait (0) tracks
- Slow Traing Coming (0) tracks
- Street Legal (0) tracks
- The Basement Tapes (0) tracks
- The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (0) tracks
- The Times They Are-A-Changin' (0) tracks
- Time Out Of Mind (0) tracks
- Under The Red Sky (0) tracks
- World Gone Wrong (0) tracks
- Bobo (5)