If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
Are you happy with your given name?
What a stupid question.
What is your guaranteed weeping movie?
Its A Wonderful Life & Gone With The Wind.
What is the one thing you like to do alone?
A serious clothes shop.
What’s a major fear of yours?
Other people's saliva, I can't stand people drinking my juice.
Are you a pyromaniac?
I am not.
Do you know anyone famous?
Describe your bed.
Gorgeous. I love my bed.
What do you carry with you at all times ?
My own sense of self worth
How do you eat an apple?
Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
There's a time and place for both.
What kind of first impression do you think you give people?
People think I'm a nice person who's quiet. Then they get to know me.
Favorite communication method?
I like face to face chat it must be said, I'm old fashioned that way.
What is your hidden talent?
I'm actually a vampire and I ake it through each day without killing people for their blood.... oh yeah, and I can read minds.
Do you own a Bible ?
Somebody gave my one at my first communion, but I do not have an inkling of where it is.
How many drinks before you’re tipsy?
Depends on many factors.
Do you have a problem changing clothes in front of friends?
Nope, I'm in the theatre business, you get over it.
What should you be doing instead of this?
Getting ready to go to the theatre to take part in some of that said theatre business.
Who was the last person who called you?
Christie Gourlayyy (L)
Are you ready?
What is the last gift you gave someone?
Ehhhh.... a dohnut?
Does everything happen for a reason?
I like to think so.
What color is your bedroom?
Complicated question.... its turquoise and white and pink and purple and red because its half redecorated and half not... once its done it will be purple and red (Y)
Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
My friends tell me I'm a bitch and they're my friends so no probably not.
Have you ever pierced your own body part or that of someone else?
Dear God No.
What kind of watch do you wear?
I dislike watches.
What’s one car you will never buy?
I don't drive, nor do I intend to.
How many online journals do you read daily?
Do you cry in front of your friends?
I try not to.
Do you have any married friends?
Do you like thunderstorms?
I love thunderstorms. Especially when I'm in my conservatory.
What was your first job?
What was the last thing you typed before this survey?
A big long ranting text about 12 year olds claiming they're making hash brownies and wee scene kids who think that cause they backcomb their hair the same way all their friends do it makes them individual.
Who was your last IM to?
Favorite word lately?
(In a Falkirk accent)
What’s the strangest thing that’s happened to you in the past week?
Many, many things.
You have a crush, don’t you?
C'est une possibility.
What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments?
I don't have any physical habits, but when I like someone I tend to get even more harsh and sarcasrtic on them than normal if that counts? I am trying to stop it though
Do you talk a lot?
What do you typically order at a bar?
French Martini, White Wine, Sex On The Beach, Anything blue or green.
Name ONE trait you hate in a person.
Spitting. Absolutely cannot stand spitting. Its vile.
Favorite writing utensil?
One you have to dip in ink, j'adore ink.
What’s one thing you’re a loser at?
I don't lose well, I'm ridiculously competitive so I get in a pure rager if I don't win.
0 Comments 193 weeks
THE TROOPING OF THE COLOUR
June 14th, 2008
by Ian Hamilton
Today on television I watched the greatest show on earth. I watched the Trooping of the Colour.
The precision of the marching, the brass bands, the blare of the trumpets merging into the harmony of music, all these took my breath away. So did the gleam of the flanks of the horses, the faultlessness of it all, the counter marching, the glory. It would be the pride of any nation who could do it but none else can. This is the United Kingdom at its most wonderful. Only dullards could not be moved by it; and maybe also those who cannot see any beauty in a United Kingdom institution. They may be jealous of their praise. I'm not. I praise it unstintingly. Yet it raises questions.
These are questions only unionists can answer. Why is all this splendour confined to London? This is still a United Kingdom of two countries. (I neglect for a moment conquered Wales and occupied Northern Ireland. They can speak for themselves.) Scotland and England stand alone in the Union, two equal countries united by a Treaty of Union. Scotland did not merge into England nor England into Scotland. We are an equal party in an equal partnership. Why then is the Trooping of the Colour confined to London? Why does the ceremonial not sometimes come to Scotland? We take the casualties. We should also sometimes take the show. Can the unionists justify London taking it all?
I can hear their answer. They will say that it is traditional that these events be held in London. I answer. Whatever the nature of a union, whether between man and woman or nation and nation, adjustments must be made. If not then the union will fail. London gobbles all. This may have been tolerable before devolution but it is tolerable no longer. Edinburgh is once again a capital city. Scotland is a nation recognised both in law and in fact. One obvious thing is lacking. We lack the splendour that go with ancient nationality. What have the unionists, particularly the militarily inclined unionists, to say to that assertion?
While I wait for their answer I will make some further observations. Since devolution we are slowly developing our own pageantry. George Reid as Returning Officer recalled the old custom of the Riding of the Parliament. He recalled it in a new form. Now every four years young people come to Edinburgh from all over the country for what has become the State Opening of Parliament. Be sure it is also in the Queenâ€™s diary. She comes every fourth year too. At the age of eighty-one she clambered into a helicopter to greet Alex Salmond as First Minister. Let it not be forgotten that she did so when Blair and Brown, her first ministers in England, were both refusing to speak to the duly elected First Minister of Scotland. Questions of republicanism can come later. At the moment we are a United Kingdom monarchy so let us have some of the spectacle Royal governance entails. What have you unionists to say to these suggestions?
Let us have the Trooping of the Colour in Queens Park. That is what it was laid aside for. Queen Victoria reviewed her troops there. Many of us had an ancestor at the Wet Review. Let us have a Trooping every four years as our new Parliament convenes. Too difficult to arrange? Eh? Then here's another suggestion. How about a squadron of the Blues and Royals, the Toffs' Own? The Royal Mile once heard the clatter of iron shod hooves and could hear it again. What's the use of Royalty if not for show? And while we're at it could we not bring back our troops from Iraq to dress in red tunics and parade about a bit. Not possible? It is, you know. In my time as an advocate they paraded outside Inverness and Aberdeen High Courts, were inspected by the judge, and then posted sentries round the High Court buildings. That was before we had a Parliament. Now they would be better employed outside our Parliament House than pursuing an illegal war in a laager outside Basra.
These are questio
0 Comments 250 weeks
100 things about me
001: Name - Roisin.
002. Nickname - Lets not start
003. Single or taken - Single.
004. Zodiac Sign - Cancer.
005. Male or Female- Female.
006. Hometown: Cambuslang.
007. iPod - Classic; Silver; Beautiful.
008. How many buddies on your list: Not suree tbh.
009. Screenname: Roisin Elizabeth. Just Don't Let Me Down?
010. Hair Color- Brown. Slight auburn tones. Its turning itself back to blond though with the damn sunshine. (N)
011. in love with- I'm not in love right now =)
012. Hair Long or Short - Hmm sort fo longish. Can't sit on it or anything though.
013. Slim or Big- Well not a pure heffer, but im not in any way skinny either.
014. Eye Color - Brown. With a bit of green. Sometimes amber or gold in the sun though or so I've been told.
015. Are you health freak - Not really. I like exercising. Though thats less for health and more because I just generally enjoy it.
016. Height - 5 foot and half an inch exactly aparently. I'm clearly just pushing 5'2 though in my world.
017. Do you have a crush on someone - Kind of yeahh.
018. Do you like yourself - Sometimes.
019. Braces? - Nahh.
020. Think your awesome? - I am the epitome of awesome =)
021. Piercings - Ears.
022. Tattoo - Niente.
023. Righty or Lefty - Emm can do both if needed but naturally right handed.
* YOUR FIRSTS *
024. Surgery - Hmm got my tonsils taken out I think.
025. First piercing - Ears. My only piercing lol.
026. First best friend- Mairi probably lol.
027. First Award - Probably swiming.
028. First Sport You Joined - Dancing
029. First pet - 2 fish. Called cleo and figaro after the cat and fish in Pinocchio. How sad.
030. First vacation - Emm Tenerife I think.
031. First Concert - Steps. Remember them
032. First love - Like I'm writing that on bebo.
* YOUR FAVOURITES *
033. Movie - Look at the movies section (Y)
034. Favorite tv show - Again the section.
035. Color - Green. &Blue&Turqoise.
036. Music - Everything.
039. Drink - Fanta.
040. Body part not on the face (on a boy/girl): Arms.
041. Sport To Play- Hmm I like most sports. Tennis probably. Oh and a nice game of rounders
042. Favorite piece of clothing - Dresses, dresses and more dresses.=)
043. Brand Of Clothing? - Marchesa probably.
044. What do you sleep with? - My teddy bear =)
045. Favorite School - Haven't liked any of them. Trinity for the people I've met there I guess. St.Columbkilles because primary school was much easier(i).
046. Favorite Animal(s) - Ohh koala bears & pandas.
047. Favorite Books - Tonnesssss.
048. Favorite Magazines - Vogue. Harpers. Tatler. Grazia. Look.
* CURRENTLY *
049. I'm eating - Nothing.
050. I'm drinking - Diet Coke.
051. thinking- How good was todayyy =)
052. I'm about to - Clear my bed so I can get into it.
053. Listening to - Katherine Jenkins <3
055. Waiting For - A Miracle
056. Watching - I think I may put The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe on, cause I'm cool like that ;]
057. Wearing - A blue dress.
* YOUR FUTURE *
058. Want Kids? - Yeh.
059. Want to Get Married? - Yep.
060. Careers in Mind: Teacher. Either Primary or RE.
* WHICH IS BETTER ON OPPOSITE SEX *
068. Lips or Eyes - Eyes.
069. Hugs or Kisses - Hmm depends who with. I'm old fashioned so generally kisses mean a lot to me so I suppose kisses are more special? Though hugs make me feel safe so s'all good either wayy. In fact, hugging someone and then kissing them whilst youre hugging gives you the best of both worlds (i). Another bright realisation from Roisin Stewart.
070. Shorter or Taller - Taller than me when I have heels on. S'not hard mind you.
072. Romantic, Spontaneous - Both.
073. nice stomach or nice arms - Hmm I'm not into people with overly perfected muscles. Generally I like strong arms but not disgustingly overly muscled arms that have seen farr too much time in the gym. Just strong enough to hold me tight.
074. Sensitive or Loud - Kinda loud in front of p
0 Comments 269 weeks
close Your Zodiac Profile
- Wonderland. (13)