If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
close About Me
- Bebo Mobile: "it's everywhere you want to Bebo"
- Me, Myself, and I
- I'm the Mobile Developer for Bebo, which means I'm working on building cool ways you can use Bebo on your mobile phone.
If you're interested in Bebo Mobile, join the official group: http://www.bebo.com/bebomobile
Oh, also -- I REALLY REALLY like house music.
"if house music was air
then doctor love would be my song
and i would only take deep breaths"
- The Pharcyde, Ibrahim Ferrer, Air, St. Germain, Jamiroquai, Les Nubians, Miguel Migs, Mark Farina, Chopin, Bach, MC Solaar, IAM, Annie, Michael Jackson, George Benson, Parliament, Massive Attack, Ray Charles, UK house, French house, San Francisco house, New York house, soulful sexy bumping funky house, house, Paris Combo, Jill Scott, K-Os, Madeleine Peyroux, Mutiny UK, Nouvelle Vague, Vive la Fete, Royksopp, Thievery Corporation, A Tribe Called Quest, J-Boogie, Basement Jaxx, Boca do Rio, Jamie Lewis, Daft Punk, Dimitri from Paris, DJ Shadow, Freundeskreis, Henri Salvador, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Lauryn Hill, LTJ Bukem, Mylo, Orishas, Simon and Garfunkel, Stereo Total
- Les Triplettes de Belleville; Talk to Her; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind; L'Auberge Espagnole; The 5th Element; Playtime; Jacques Tati; Wallace and Gromit; Breathless; Howard Hawks; Buster Keaton; Charlie Chaplin; Duck Soup; His Girl Friday; Stanford Theatre; Luc Besson; Boondock Saints; Lords of Dogtown; Die Konferenz der Tiere; Goodbye Lenin
- Mountain biking, road biking, competitive go-karting (yeah!), driving, motorcycling...
Ultimate frisbee, soccer, tennis, ping pong, kickball (but only with beers)
- Scared Of
- Not doing the right thing
- Favorite DJs/producers
- Miguel Migs, Jamie Lewis, Daft Punk, Dimitri from Paris, Gilles Peterson, Fedde le Grand, Christian Alvarez, Hardsoul, Fish Go Deep, Rasmus Faber, Colette, Jask, Claude Monnet, Full Intention, Stonebridge, Freemasons
- Tintin, A Pattern Language, Batman, Daniel Pennac, Fred Vargas, Godel Escher Bach; Metamagical Themas; The Unbearable Lightness of Being; Going, Going, Gone; Jack Womack; Asimov; Thus Spoke Zarathustra; The Little Prince; Asterix; Sept Manifestes Dada; Manifestes du Surrealisme; Waiting for Godot; Le Depeupleur; Michel Serres; On Intelligence; Don't make me think;
- Other interests
- salsa, Paris, chess, film, DJing, clubbing, philosophy, skiing, second gear in my car, greek mythology, photography, poker, arguing, languages, long words, poker, phenomenology, house music
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- Bebo Mobile
- Bebo Backstage
- Mobile Monday
- KateModern Addicts
- I Love House Music
- Bebo Skin
- People Who Always Have To Spell Their Names
- Wyman Foundation Encryption Translations
- The Charlie Appreciation Society
- The Loam Rangers
- Funny Signs
- Chess 2.0
- Bebostyle Forums
I'm really feeling great about my chances in this year's Flu Olympics. Put me in, coach!
Seriously though, getting sick isn't a walk in the park but it does have its benefits. I may be physically weakened but I must say my faith has been restored in the healing power of chicken noodle soup. In a world where sometimes it seems every bit of real goodness is doomed to be distilled to its warm gooey essence, optimized, marketed, and ruthlessly exploited for fun and profit, it's nice to see that some things continue to be as good -- no, better -- than the stories we tell, and sell, about them. Yeah, you heard me - chicken soup rocks the mutha-f@ckin house! And the "chicken soup for the soul" commercial juggernaut can just put that in its pipe and smoke it.
And as I'm realizing chicken soup isn't the only that IS what it's cracked up to be. I sent my mom some flowers last night. (Actually technically it was a bonsai, cause I thought it might be a little more fun and last longer than flowers. cmon, bonsais are WAY more fun than flowers...) Heck she hasn't even gotten them yet, they arrive on Friday. But I have a good feeling about it. It felt great to send them. A little bittersweet though, as I realized how long it's been since I did something like that for her. Way too long. To be honest I don' even remember. What the hell is wrong with me? Who doesn't remember the last time they sent their mother flowers? Also I don't call often enough, I never write, and I really need to eat more because I'm skinny. Did my mention I have a jewish mother?
The world is a really complicated place. Trust me -- I've been around for well over 24 years and on top of that I've always been told that I'm "old for my age" -- I know what I'm talking about. So don't forget to take a moment and do the simple things that all the complications in the world can't screw up. Send your mother some flowers (jury's still out on the bonsai). Tell her you love her, even though it can be really hard sometimes. And have yourself a hearty bowl of noodle soup. Campbell's, you better believe it.
4 Comments 289 weeks
I heard about this game a while back -- the objective is to come up with a certain search term that when typed into Google returns a single link. Not 2, not "about 10,300,000", just one link. (Ironically I forget what this game is called, if anything, or where I first heard about it. Anyone know the origins?)
UPDATED - this is known as "google whacking" and in its original form the search term can be just two words. Thanks to Gage and Dan'l for coming to the rescue.
Well, I've got a great example: try googling for "the fastest speed reader in the us". Ok, I know people on the internet are lazy so I'll just give you the link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...
Wow, just one link comes up, and rather inexplicably it's to my own page on Wikipedia! A bit of background about my wikipedia page:
- I did not create it (that "honor" such as it is goes to burgundyjade/laura/phil. Thanks Phil!)
- I have never edited it. Yet. That might change soon.
- Pretty much everything on it is true (if a little flattering) - except for the very last line: "He is also the fastest speed reader in the U.S." I am a fast reader but am by no means a certified "speed reader" -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_r...
Where did that line come from? According to the history for my page http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...
the phrase was added by a bot named BOTijo which is "an automated or semi-automated account for making repetitive edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually". BOTijo's page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BOTijo
Do automated bots go around adding plausible but false sentences to people's wikipedia pages? (Do robots dream of electric sheep?) I'm intrigued. I'm going to dig a little further into this one and will report back. Meanwhile if you have any conspiracy theories about where this line came from, drop me a comment.
- I wonder how long it takes for Google to index this blog post and make me lose the "only one hit" game. UPDATED: as of now (Dec 2 Google has indexed this post and it's no longer a google whack.
- I wonder how long it takes for someone to remove the incorrect line from my wikipedia page, for Google to re-index the page and then make me win the game again?!
- I was surprised to find that googling for "love in the age of wikipedia" currently returns zero hits. This post really had nothing to do with love (at least on the surface) but I do like that phrase. Can I take credit for coining it? I think I will.
- I decided to start blogging again. After a year or two hiatus where I thought life's too short to blog, I've come to the conclusion that life is too short NOT to blog. Let's see where this goes...
16 Comments 290 weeks
vive la france!
1 Comment 299 weeks
- Mobile Photos (48)
- Fedde le Grand (27)
- Me and Suzi (39)
- Bebo Luv (36)
- Air Concert, San Francisco 4-26-07 (9)
- Critical Mass 5-26-07 (21)
- Beach day (10)
- My Album (13)
- Random (14)
- Cloob Radio XXX (20)
- Baubles! (20)
- Big Sur (20)
- Road biking (19)
- Nocturnal Mission (11)
- Chess 2.0 Club (25)
- Cloob Radio party @ The Public SF (19)
- Les Nubians @ Great American Music Hall (11)
- Foreign Cinema (4)
- Bay to Breakers 2007 (38)
- Chess night 4-9-07 (8)
- 24th Birthday Bonanza (15)
close Education and Work
- Stanford University, 2004
- Henry M. Gunn Senior High School, 2000
- Mobile Guy
- Time Period:
- April, 2007 - Present
- City / Town:
- San Francisco, California, USA
- Digital Chocolate
- Software Engineer/Product Manager
- Time Period:
- February, 2004 - March, 2007
- City / Town:
- San Mateo, California, USA