If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Sean Mc Nulty
- Me, Myself, and I
- Me my life and I ? Hmmmm , well I have been around for a while I suppose and I can seriously say it has been great so far.I dont take life too serious and am pretty approachable. I have worked a lot of those years which was great fun considering the work and the lunatics I worked with and met, college was one of the most happiest times in my life and at the time I didnt know iHave traveled to many countries England,Scotland,France, U.S.A, Canada,Spain,Italy,Belgium,Ne
ew Zealand Hong Kong,Jamaica and many more to come.
Any one looking to give me a shout : in (New Zealand ) 02102606464
- Anyone who knows me, knows I am a Beatle maniac. Credance Clear Water Revial , Pink Floyd, The Doors , The Who, U2, James Brown, Chillies, Snoop, Coldplay, Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, D Rice, Snow Patrol, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, The Floyd + All the Beatles solo stuff, Wings, always put me in a good mood. In the last few years I have been getting into diferent shit, through Martin and the lads: Tiesto, Oakey, Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, Judge Jules
- In the Name of the Father, Little Man Tate, Good Will Hunting, Eddie Murphy Raw, Shawshank Redemption, Imangine, Forrest Gump, Finding Forester, Whitnail and I, Jumanji, Goonies, Drop Dead Fred, Braveheart, Fletch 1+2, Groundhog day, Stripes, What about Bob? Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask, Small Time Crooks, Casablanca, All the Godfathers, Once Upon A Tme in America, Casino , Raging Bull , Point Break , The English Patient , Platoon , Apocolypse Now (Redux) Theres Something about Mary
- Scared Of
- Not scared of fuck all, Running out of money is a worry.
- Happiest When
- I am happiest when I am happy, in a happy sort of way and when I am with my mates having a mad one or just having a laugh, or when I am traveling and saving loads of money
LONDON - British scientists plan to use stem cells to cure a common form of blindness, with the first patients receiving test treatment in five years.
The pioneering project, launched on Tuesday, aims to repair damaged retinas with cells derived from human embryonic stem cells. Its backers say it involves simple surgery that could one day become as routine as cataract operations.
They believe the technique is capable of restoring vision in the vast majority of patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a leading cause of blindness among the elderly that afflicts around 14 million people in Europe.
Story continues below ↓
Some drugs, like Genentech Inc.’s Lucentis, can help the one in 10 patients with so-called “wet” AMD and U.S. biotech firm Advanced Cell Technology is looking at stem cells in other eye conditions. But there is no treatment for the 90 percent with “dry” AMD.
AMD is caused by faulty retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells, which form a supporting carpet under the light-sensitive rods and cones in the retina.
The new procedure will generate replacement RPE cells from stem cells in the lab, with surgeons then injecting a small patch of new cells, measuring 4 by 6 millimeters, back into the eye.
The London Project to Cure AMD brings together scientists from University College London (UCL), Moorfields Eye Hospital in London and the University of Sheffield.
It has been made possible by a 4 million pounds ($8 million) donation from an anonymous U.S. donor, who the project’s leaders said had become frustrated by U.S. curbs on stem cell work.
Embryonic stem cells are the ultimate master cells of the body, giving rise to all of the tissues and organs. Their use is controversial because many people oppose embryo destruction, although Britain has encouraged such research.
Surgeons at Moorfields have already restored the vision of a few patients using cells harvested from their own eyes, which were moved to a new site. But this process is complicated and only a small number of cells can be moved, limiting its use.
By injecting RPE cells derived from stem cells instead, Dr Lyndon Da Cruz of Moorfields hopes the operation can be reduced to a simple 45-minute procedure under local anesthetic.
“If it hasn’t become routine in about 10 years it would mean we haven’t succeeded,” he told reporters. “It has to be something that’s available to large numbers of people.”
Similar tests on rats have already proved highly effective.
Click for related content
Researchers engineer stem cells to make insulin
Embryonic stem cells may repair mouse eyes
Stem cell study zeroes in on ALS cause
Pete Coffey of UCL, the director of the project, said he was confident the procedure would work in humans but the team needed to ensure the safety and quality of batches of cells, which would take time.
“The goal is within five years to have a cohort of 10 or 12 patients to put the cells into,” he said.
The project, which is non-commercial, was welcomed by patient support groups. Alistair Fielder of the eye research charity Fight for Sight said it represented a real chance to tackle a hitherto untreatable condition.
0 Comments 319 weeks
Billy Connely Things I hate about everybody....
1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time....I know where my watch is pal, where the f*ck is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?
2. People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.
3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". F*cking right! What good is a cake if you can't eat it?
4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the f*ck would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?
5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No tosser, I paid 10 quid to come to the cinema and stare at the f*cking floor.
6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Didn't really give me a choice there, did you sunshine?
7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.
8. When people say "life is short". What the f*ck?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever f*cking does!! What can you do that's longer?
9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, Knobhead?
10. People who say things like 'My eyes aren't what they used to be'. So what did they used to be? ears, Wellington boots?
11. When you're eating something and someone asks 'Is that nice?' No it's really revolting - I always eat stuff I hate.
12. People who announce they are going to the toilet. Thanks that's an image I really didn't need.
13. McDonalds staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you are ordering.....It's has to be a McChicken Burger, just a Chicken Burger you get blank looks. Well I'll have a McStraw and jam it in your McEyes you f*cking McTosser.
14. When you're involved in a accident and someone asks 'are you alright?' Yes fine thanks, I'll just pick up my limbs and be off
0 Comments 328 weeks
- Irish Rebel Songs- Tiocfaidh ar la 20 Songs | 22131 Profiles
- good tunes 4 Songs | 13 Profiles
- gary 3 Songs | 3 Profiles
- raymond`s songs 3 Songs | 3 Profiles
- music 2 Songs | 2 Profiles
- U2 4 Songs | 112 Profiles
- Enimem 10 Songs | 1 Profile
- A Walk with the tigers (37)
- Abo' s and their art (21)
- Birthday (17)
- Bondi beach, Blue Mountains, Sydney (24)
- Cairns (40)
- Cambodia (36)
- Christmas Ireland (1)
- Darwin (48)
- Darwin + Beer can Regatta (42)
- Eire (48)
- Fam (4)
- Fraiser Island, Whitsundays andthe coast, (45)
- Happy Auckland (5)
- Kakadu,Kakadu+ Litchfield (42)
- Legends and scum bags (24)
- Louis, The Doggie (7)
- Mates (44)
- Melbourne and others (29)
- Music Legends (20)
- Some Beauts of Photos (38)
- Sydney (48)
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings