If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Profile views: 15
- Profile created: January 2010
- Self Published
- Cambridge/Manchester/York UK
- In no particular order... The Libertines, Oasis, The Beatles, The Only Ones, The Sex Pistols, Bob Dylan, The Futureheads, The Talking Heads, Nirvana, Babyshambles, Kings Of Leon, Art Brut, The National, Feeder, The Pretenders, Catatonia, The Buzzcocks, The Damned, The Stone Roses, Eels, Newton Falkner, Gomez, Green Day... To tell you the truth... all sorts, I can not think of all of them. The list would be endless.
close About Me
- Indie Rock 'n' Roll straight out of Blighty!
- Me, Myself, and I
- The Abstracts were initially set up as a four-piece indie/rock band from York. They met on the Access to Music course at the Jam Factory and formed in the October of 2007. The band originally consisted of Felix Morgan (Vocals and Guitar), Dave Wells (Vocals and Guitar), Rob Stephens (Bass) and Caspar Haslam (Drums and Percussion).
Dave Wells left the band after just one month leaving the band to battle on as a three piece for a short time. Tim Downie (Guitar) was recruited in December 2007 but unfortunately left along with Rob in May 2008. Felix and Caspar the two surviving original members agreed to continue with the band and recruited Nick Fisher on bass and Dave Wilson on guitar and vocals. However, in August 2008 Nick left the band and Ben Nunn, Felix’s old Equinox band-mate, was recruited as the bands new bassist. In June 2009, Caspar parted ways with the band due to musical differences. Mark Thomson, also of Equinox, was recruited as the bands full time drummer.
close Band Members
Exciting news here! We finally have ‘Calling Out For Strangers’ up on iTunes! That means it is available for the world to download NOW! Download your copy today and pass on the word to all your lovely friends to show us your support and love.
Felix, Ben and Mark.
p.s. Copy and paste the link below into your browser to be taken directly to iTunes!
0 Comments 179 weeks
Just thought I would pop buy to tell you that our new EP 'Calling Out For Strangers' is available to buy through last.fm. Also just for you lovley folk we are offering a free download of two of the tracks off the disk! They are 'Mr M's Clearer Skies' and 'The Scouse Guy' so if you fancy them go to the link below as soon as possible to get the tracks absoultly free!
Make sure to keep checking back to the blog for some new and exciting news coming up in the next few weeks about the band.
See you soon,
0 Comments 182 weeks
We're finally on here (Bebo) so I just thought I’d drop you a quick line pointing you in the direction of our other pages on the web so you can make sure you keep up to date with what’s going on in the band.
Here is a list of our other sites…
Hope you get a chance to check them all out and join us on them. Look forward to seeing you and speaking to you soon.
0 Comments 182 weeks