Niamh And Neil The Sequel <towerofsong>
"why can a bird fly, but a fly can't bird?"
|Bread and Roses||4/7/08|
|As we come marching, marching in the beauty of the day, |
A million darkened kitchens, a thousand mill lofts gray,
Are touched with all the radiance that a sudden sun discloses,
For the people hear us singing: "Bread and roses! Bread and roses!"
As we come marching, marching, we battle too for men,
For they are women's children, and we mother them again.
Our lives shall not be sweated from birth until life closes;
Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses!
As we come marching, marching, unnumbered women dead
Go crying through our singing their ancient cry for bread.
Small art and love and beauty their drudging spirits knew.
Yes, it is bread we fight for -- but we fight for roses, too!
As we come marching, marching, we bring the greater days.
The rising of the women means the rising of the race.
No more the drudge and idler -- ten that toil where one reposes,
But a sharing of life's glories: Bread and roses! Bread and roses!
|1) Are you in a complicated relationship?|
i'm too simple for that.
2) Do you hate more than 3 people?
i don't have time for hate
4) How many houses have you lived in?
this question is too boring to answer
5) Favorite candy bar?
two candy bars.
6) Have you ever tripped someone?
7) Least favorite school subject?
business, twas bent so it twas
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
a surprisingly large number considering i have absolutely no fashion sense, have no need for more than one pair and actually don't even care that much for shoes.
9) Do you own a Britney Spears CD?
britney spears has cds now?
10) Have you ever thrown up in public?
not on purpose
11) Name something that is always on your mind?
i often wonder if i might have diabetes
12) Favorite genre of music?
13) Whats your zodiac sign?
scorpio....to the max
14) What time were you born?
the right time
15) what cell do you have?
i am composed of many and various cells..or so the scienticians would have me believe.
16) Have you made a prank phone call?
yes. a lot.
17) What is the most embarassing CD you own?
i'm not easily embarassed, not by cds anyways
1 Are you sarcastic?
oh this is just crying out for some hilariously sarcastic answer, but i can't think of one...i'll come back to it
19) What are your favorite color(s)?
you misspelled colour, but i forgive you.
i like all things green.
20) How many watches do you own?
21) Summer or winter?
summer or winter what?
22) Is anyone in love with you?
23) Favorite color to wear?
is clean a colour?
24) Pepsi or Sprite?
26) Where is your second home?
27) Have you ever slapped someone?
i high five a lot
29) How many lamps are in your bedroom?
30) How many video games do you own?
none, i'm not allowed play coz i'm too crap.
31.) First pet you owned?
chickens called 'petey din dins' and 'mary burke'
32) Ever had braces?
yup my teeth are still crooked tho
33) Do looks matter?
not to me
34) Do you use chapstick?
u mean like for my lips? yeah i guess
35) Name 4 teachers from grade school?
Ed, horse-face, dr n�-is-a-big-jerk, laila's mom(love her)
36) American Eagle or Abercrombie?
3 How many children do you want?
none, 4, eight , i dunno
39) Do you own something from Hot Topic?
eh wHot Topic?
40) Favorite breakfast meal?
41)Do you own a gun?
why would i own a gun?
42) Ever thought you were in love?
Yeah, but turns out i'm just an idiot
43) When was the last time you cried?
when that thing went in my eye
45) Olive Garden?
46) Have you ever called your teacher mommy?
yes..and was rejected
47) Have you ever been in a castle?
it's exactly this kind of stupid,boring question that made me quit myspace..well that and the stalkers.
52) Are you thinking about somebody right now?
i am thinking about manybodies
53) Ever called somebody Boo?
the swedish man on my road is named boo, but i never talk to him so probably not.
54) do you smoke?
i do not
56) are you happy with your life right now?
yes, muchly so
57) Do you like your hair?
i enjoy having hair i guess
56) Does any one have a crush on you?
i violently doubt it
60) What were you doing in May of 1994?
61) Do you own a Backstreet Boys CD?
62) Mcdonalds or Wendys?
63) Do you like yourself?
yes. do you like me?
64) Are you closer to your Mother or Father?
65) Favorite physical features of the preferred sex?
that's not really the type of thing you can say on the internet
66) Are you afraid of the dark?
67) Have you ever eaten paste?
i don't really know what you mean by 'paste'
i like pasta tho
6 Do you own a webcam?
69) Have you ever stripped?
wallpaper? yes, didn't go well. in the end seonad's granny had to do it
70) Ever broke a bone?
72) Do you chat on AIM often?
i finnd it infuriating
73) Pringles or Lays?
74) Have you ever broken someones heart?
hahaha , i really don't think i'm that powerful
75) Full house or brady bunch?
77) Did you like your high school guidance counselor?
i told her i was gonna be famous..guess i showed her
7 Has anyone called you a tease?
79) Do you have any pets?
i do not
80) Do you own a car?
i do not
81) Can you cook?
i'm good at stirring
82) Things that annoy you?
83) Do you text message often?
yeah i guess
84) Money or love?
*sigh* love i suppose
85) Do you have any scars?
86) What do you want more than anything right now?
greens in government!!!!!..awh man i'm so lame. ehm..a cake!
87) Do you enjoy scary movies?
8 Go play in traffic?
i don't understand this question
90) Do you enjoy greasy food?
91) Have you seen all the Rocky movies?
i haven't seen any of them
92) Do you own a box of crayons?
probably not a full box
93) Ever sang in the shower?
94) Who was the last person you said I love you to?
my bro..yeah??? so what?
95) Who was the last person that made you mad?
96) Who was the last person that made you cry?
97) Who was the last person that made you laugh?
9 Who was the last person that texted you?
99) Who was the last person that called you?
100) Who's your cell phone provider?
neil provided it. thank you neil.
|The Fury of Eros||3/30/07|
|"It's no accident that of all the ancient gods only Eros has preserved in the modern age the same powers and function he had in the past. Zeus is gone, and Hera, and so are Pan and Aphrodite and all of the other gods whose behaviour long ago haunted human fate. But Eros remains a power beyond our social order and morality; he stalks, goads, ruins and transforms us, and sometimes he lifts us as if on the the palm of a huge hand into regions that astonish and terrify us and that we would never otherwise have entered..."|
Popular mythologies have gelded Eros and tamed him, reducing him to a figure like the one we assign to the New Year, a roly poly babe in a diaper smiling benignly from Valentine cards. But in truth, Eros' forms are many and sometimes terrible, and in full strength he comes to us winged and gleaming and muscled like an athlete, with a fury and will that overpower our own and drive us before him as would a storm.
Who does not know this firsthand? The power of Eros, though perhaps coded in the genes, lies always beyond us, beyond the rules for behaviour we carefully lay down or the recipes for relationship spelled out in popular magazines or in the fashionable books about women who love too much or men who love too often. All of that in relation to Eros is like pissing into the wind. For desire appears to us from the corners of the earth or the depths of self with a force and urgency and sometimes a destructiveness so powerful we cannot help ascribing them to a god, for nothing else, no psychologizing, no moralizing makes any sense.
The long, arcing passage between youth and death gives us so many perspectives on Eros that it often appears as if his face and form change with our own. Young we are only doors and wide open. Everything that rises early within us has such novelty and strength that it seems as external to us as the hurricanes and tornadoes that on occasion lift our houses, trees, and cars as easily as Eros carries us along. We give ourselves to Eros, pine when he's late coming, dress or scent ourselves as if to draw him close, as if to say, Here I am.
Sometimes Eros stays near, accompanying us into and even through marriage. But more often than not he hovers for a while in domestic life and then, perhaps bored, draws back and goes elsewhere for challenge and sport. The dinner table, the marriage bed, the midnight cries of children, those real but burdensome joys are rarely to Eros' specialized taste. Married we take the long view, bend in our lives to the demands of order, safety, family, the future, all necessary in their ways to happiness and satisfaction, but having little to do with Eros.
And then? Well, look around you. Eros is not finished. Though banished or bored, he does not keep away. Somewhere in this retreat he whirls around and returns; marriages break open; the doors swing wide; again the winds rise and the windows rattle, the clothes lift from the line and the shingles fly from the roof; the houses we have built tremble on their foundations. We find we love the wrong people or too many people, we're tossed this way, or that, blood running, hearts aching, souls aswoon, and yes, all of the jealousies and fears of flesh set free again like furies.
Who has not known, as an adult, the pleasure and torment of illicit love, has not felt Eros tug at a heart already given or crown with the glory the flesh of someone other than those familiar beside us at night? This is how, I believe, Eros blesses marriages; by driving each one through the portals of infidelity, upheaval, and perhaps at last forgiveness, testing the powers of love against those of desire and seeing which pairs of mates survive and which throw up their four hands and divide the property and go their separate ways, victims of Eros and his frightful initiations.
|i don't care who you are just do it!!!||12/15/06|
|top 3 greatest songs ever??!!!|
i demand your opinion!!!
|5 ways to make niamh like you.||12/7/06|
|1) always have a high five ready.|
2) be nice to her, she's more scared of you than you are of her.
3) check out www.askaninja.com (don't you dare not do it)
4) talk street, she'll ridicule you to your face but will be secretly pleased that you made the effort
5) give her money.