Corey Lewis <slracing>
"new msn firstname.lastname@example.org"
|Rules of Shotgun |
Rules So far...
1. you must be able to see the car in question.
2. If you are the first to be picked up on a journey, you are automatically given shotgun, untill you violate the other shotgun laws and thus, forfeit your position, the seat is yours.
3. you cannot declare shot gun if someone has previosuly declared shotgun for that journey.
4. when simultaneous shotgun is called, there is then a foot race to the passenger side door from the all the people who called.
5. shotgun cannot be called whilst inside a building (unless you are in a multi storey or underground car park!)
6. shotgun cannt be called in advance, only whilst on the way to the car for the journey.
7. on the call shotgun if the driver wants to mix things up a bit he can call reload, this means that all calls of shotgun before that are void and the first person to call shotgun again gets the seat... and if u plain don't like the person who called shotgun.
this is often used when there is a simultanious call and the driver is unsure of the outcome, also a shotgun can have 2 barrels so a reload can only be called once.
8. Once shotgun has been called for the front seat then back left and back right can be called, thus leaving the fifth person who is travelling in the middle (or the "bitch" seat)
9. Being as how everyone is created equal, men have the same right as women to the front seat of the car. i.e. women don't own the front seat!
10. In the instance that the normal driver of a vehicle is drunk or otherwise unable to perform their duties as driver, then he/she is automatically given Shotgun.
11. Once the journey is underway, the person occupying shotgun becomes controller of stereo/radio and it is their duty to sort out the tunes.
HOWEVER, if this person is being an arse,abusing their position and pissing everyone off with crap choice of music/constantly changing/or just generally not in control then the driver can stop the car, tell them to give up shotgun and then it is up for grabs for all other persons in the car.
12. Shoe Rule, anyone calling shotgun must have their shoes on, this is to stop people running outside and calling shotgun, then having to go back inside to put their shoes on, thus slowing the journey.
13. Shotgun overrules Dibs, Baggsy's and and other girly calls!
14. despite the debate, shotgun can be used to shotgun things other than the front seat (eg back left, back right, women, not going to answer the door etc etc etc)
15. If travelling with a couple, one of the couple must shotgun the front.....no one wants to chauffer two of their mates whilst they are sat in the back all over each other.
16. If someone has successfully called shotgun, this gives them no right whatsoever to correct the driver on their navigation skills ("take a left here you dickhead!") or driving ability ("I'd be in third gear if i was drving") if the passenger does this then they forfeit their position as shotgun holder.
17. if someone says "whats shotgun?" after it has been called then they have to walk.
18. If you come up to the car and you already have whos shotgun..the driver gets in and reaches over to unlock the shotgun door. if shotgun opens it before its actually unlocked..(this happens when the driver is still trying to unlock it and person pulls on handle) they have to give up there rights as shotgun. Therefore..shotgun suicide!
19. The successful shotgunner, in the front of a vehicle, assumes the responsibility for all gate opening, off licence nipping into, takeaway ordering and question asking. He/she is, in essence the co-pilot and therefore the enforcer of behaviour in the vehicle and exacter of slaps/punches/water spraying/bag throwing at the passengers in the back.
20. automatic "couple's rights act 1997". This is that, if the driver is the boyfriend/girlfriend of a passenger in the car, they have the right to the seat of their choice